Erectile dysfunction help in Hempstead, Gillingham, Kent.
If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction you may or may not know that most of the time erectile dysfunction occurs because of lifestyle, illness or medication .
However, in some cases it can be psychological.
So how would you know if your own erectile dysfunction is caused by physical or psychological issues?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following this could be the cause of your erectile dysfunction.
- Do you drink more than the recommended daily limit of alcohol?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke weed on a regular basis?
- Are you a cocaine user?
- Do you have heart disease or cardiovascular disease?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Are you obese?
- Do you have MS, Parkinsons or have you ever had a stroke?
- Have you been checked for underactive thyroid or overactive thyroid?
- Do you take medication for any of the following? High blood pressure tablets, cholesterol tablets, antipsychotics, antidepressants or corticosteroids – medication that contains steroids, tablets for stomach ulcers.
If none of the above applies to you then your erectile dysfunction could be due to underlying psychological causes.
If you get erections while you sleep, or you wake up with an erection then the likelihood is that you do not have any physical reason for your erectile dysfunction.
Psychological reasons for erectile dysfunction can vary, but contributing factors include an abusive childhood, a negative or series of negative sexual experiences, shame about sex, related to negative parental attitudes or cultural attitudes, low self-esteem, relationship breakdown or divorce,domestic abuse in the form of an overly critical spouse, sexual confusion, stress,anxiety,depression,or trauma, performance anxiety due to a new relationship.
So what can you do to help yourself before resorting to tablets?
- Exercise – walking just two miles a day can boost sexual performance, you don’t need to go mad and become a fitness freak but regular mild exercise will keep your weight down and help maintain a healthy heart essential for good sexual performance
- Eat lots of watermelon – the citrulline in watermelon boosts improves blood flow to the penis.
- Practise pelvic floor exercises for men, these are called Kegel exercises.
- Visualisation and self-hypnosis – visualise yourself having a healthy sexual encounter, imagine your partner in vivid sensual detail.
- Seek holistic therapy.
Erectile dysfunction help with Hypnotherapy
If you think that your erectile dysfunction is psychological, then hypnotherapy can help.*
I work on a cognitive behavioural level as well as with hypnotherapy. This means I will identify the reasons and /or trigger for your erectile dysfunction and then compile a therapy plan personalised to you. I will address any underlying psychological issues that may be contributing to the problem, such as stress, trauma, anxiety, depression,low self-esteem etc, and work with these issues first. I will desensitize any triggering events and change negative thought patterns under hypnosis.* Research has shown that hypnosis for erectile dysfunction can be very effective.*
For research studies and more information please go to my erectile dysfunction hypnotherapy page on my website.
For erectile dysfunction help in as little as four sessions *please email me on email@example.com, or call me on 01634 307030.
Please look at my prices page for reduced prices for block bookings.
Please note results may vary from person to person. There are never guarantees when undergoing any form of therapy and for this reason we do not offer any guarantees for any of our hypnotherapy services. *